ALIVE! Weekday Food Distribution Volunteer
The ALIVE! food bank provides food assistance to Alexandrians in need at outdoor pop-up food distributions throughout the month.
Sign up to help distribute free groceries, breakdown event materials after the distribution, load and unload the delivery trucks, and assist with translation (Spanish, Dari, and Pashto language skills in high demand). To view the upcoming schedule and select your volunteer shift sign up through our online scheduling tool linked here
-Location: Ramsay Recreation Center (5650 Sanger Ave),
-Dates: 2nd Thursday of the month, 4pm-6pm
Advanced Registration is required. Visit our website to schedule your shift.
-Adults ages 18 and above may volunteer in any of our programs.
-Parents with children that would like to participate and are in the ages of 12-18 years old please contact the Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com
-Please wear closed-toe shoes.
-Parking is available in the lot as well as street parking.
DO NOT volunteer if:
- You exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 24 hours.
- You have been to any places, and therefore exposed, where people have tested posted for COVID-19.
- You are at high risk of severe disease (including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis; or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
- You have someone in your household who is at high risk.(including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis; or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:16+, Maximum Age:64
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: