ALIVE! Weekdays Food Distribution Volunteer
Assist ALIVE! feeding food insecure City of Alexandria residents in local Alexandria neighborhoods throughout the city during weekdays. Volunteer roles include baging food, handing out perishable and nonperishable items, breakdown after the distribution, load and unload the truck.
Express interest below and the Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch to provide guidance on how to register in our ALIVE! volunteer portal to sign up for our volunteer activities.
-Locations: Second Friday of every month Pop Up Food Distribution | Casa Chirilagua | 4109 Mt. Vernon Avenue *Second Thursday of every month Pop Up Food Distribution | Ramsay Rec. Center | 5650 Sanger Avenue
-Adults ages 18 and above may volunteer in any of our programs.
-Parents with children that would like to participate and are in the ages of 12-18 years old please contact the Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
-Please wear closed-toe shoes.
-Parking is available in the lot as well as street parking.
DO NOT volunteer if:
- You exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 24 hours.
- You have been to any places, and therefore exposed, where people have tested posted for COVID-19.
- You are at high risk of severe disease (including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis; or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
- You have someone in your household who is at high risk.(including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis; or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:16+, Maximum Age:64
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: