Welcome Nonpofit Organizations and Schools!
Staying Safe While Volunteering With Your Agency - We follow the CDC guidelines and in addition, encourages people to still wear a mask while donating time. And, please share with the volunteers your policies and have every volunteer sign a waiver with COVID-19 specific language and restrictions (example below). Each volunteer will be required to sign our project waiver (either on paper at a project site or electronically before the project). Click HERE to view additional tips.
I attest that I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. If I develop these symptoms, I agree that I will cancel my shift before arriving at the volunteer project site, as far in advance as possible. I am aware that I must follow the safety and hygiene protocols that have been implemented by AGENCY NAME and the project site where I am serving. I attest that:
- I do not believe that I have been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19;
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contiguous by state or local public health authorities;
- I am following recommended guidelines as much as possible to limit my potential exposure to coronavirus.
What We Do
" ... I am delighted to let you know that we now have full tutoring coverage. Thank you so much for your help!" Lisa Jacobs, Executive Director, Alexandria Tutoring Consortium
Volunteer Alexandria builds collaborative partnerships with nonprofits, schools, businesses, and other community organizations to create real change through civic involvement, volunteerism and service.
How You Benefit
As a partner, your organization can gain access to our growing community of volunteers, post volunteer opportunities online, communicate with volunteers and track hours and attendance, participate in our large days of service and engage a corporate group. We also provide volunteer management training workshops and resources.
Our Services are free to nonprofits!
- Connections to volunteers of all types - Every year, we have more than 30,000 visitors to our site with varying availability, interest, and skill levels.
- Post anytime - Once you've been trained, post your Volunteer Referrals to our searchable database. We made over 10,500 referrals to partners last year and volunteers contributed over 14,000 hours (recorded). The value of one hour in VA for 2021 is $29.14.
- Market to and manage volunteers - Be visible in the region's one-stop shop for volunteers. Use our site to recruit, communicate with volunteers, mark attendance, and keep track of hours and stats.
- Training - we offer training and bring local and national resources to you in Alexandria in all areas of volunteer management.
- Business project planning - Our Business Connection program can scope, develop, plan, purchase and organize one-time projects with corporate volunteer groups.
- Large days of service - Once a year, we produce a city-wide day of service. We'll request project proposals and provide marketing and recruitment for volunteers.
Read Our Partnership Policy for eligibility details
Search here to see if your organization is already a partner organization.
Visit Become a Partner for how to get started
Already a Partner?