Welcome Nonpofit Organizations, City Agencies, and Schools!
" ... I am delighted to let you know that we now have full tutoring coverage. Thank you so much for your help!" Lisa Jacobs, Executive Director, Alexandria Tutoring Consortium
What We Do: Volunteer Alexandria builds collaborative partnerships with nonprofits, schools, businesses, and other community organizations to create real change through civic involvement, volunteerism and service. We connect people to YOU! Scroll down for policies and to check if your organization is already a partner.
How You Benefit: As a partner, your organization can gain access to our growing community of volunteers, post volunteer opportunities online, communicate with volunteers and track hours and attendance, participate in our large days of service and engage a corporate group. We also provide volunteer management training workshops and resources. The current estimated national value of each volunteer hour Is $29.95, the value of one hour in VA for 2022 is $30.80.
Our Services are free to nonprofits!
- Connections to volunteers of all types - Every year, we have more than 30,000 visitors to our site with varying availability, interest, and skill levels.
- Post anytime - Once you've been trained, post your Volunteer Referrals to our searchable database. We made over 10,500 referrals to partners last year and volunteers contributed over 14,000 hours (recorded).
- Market to and manage volunteers - Be visible in the region's one-stop shop for volunteers. Use our site to recruit, communicate with volunteers, mark attendance, and keep track of hours and stats.
- Training - we offer training and bring local and national resources to you in Alexandria in all areas of volunteer management.
- Business project planning - Our Business Connection program can scope, develop, plan, purchase and organize one-time projects with corporate volunteer groups.
- Large days of service - Once a year, we produce a city-wide day of service. We'll request project proposals and provide marketing and recruitment for volunteers.
Read Our Partnership Policy for eligibility details
Is my organization already a partner organization?
Visit Become a Partner for how to get started
Information for current Partners