Business Connections is a fee-for-service program that offers customized employee engagement opportunities at sites throughout Alexandria and beyond. Our comprehensive project management ensures a high impact day of service that meets your employees’ expectations and furthers your philanthropic goals. With Business Connections, Volunteer Alexandria provides:
- Custom-Tailored Project Design
- Logistical Details/Material Management
- Project Coordination - Start to Finish
- Pre-Project Employee Orientation, if needed
- Post-Project Survey, if needed
Over the past two years, we have worked with over 40 companies and associations to manage a variety of service projects, where Business Connections volunteers have:
- Built vegetable gardens for a homeless shelter and congregations
- Maintained volleyball fields and removed invasive plants in local parks
- Installed a parking lot and cabinetry for the local Boys and Girls Club and built book shelves for children
- Prepared mailings and delivered meals to homebound seniors
- Beautified a group home for mentally challenged residents by landscaping and painting the outside areas
- Landscaped the grounds of recreation centers and museums
- Cleaned pools and painted murals
We provide a variety of on-site projects that are able to accommodate anywhere from 10-150 people and support the community by providing hand-made products (cards, care packages, bracelets, etc.).
" Thank you for making our group volunteer project so easy. Since the volunteer group worked through Volunteer Alexandria, you had everything organized and ready. The day of the project you brought all the supplies and tools, including directional signs for the volunteers to show them the proper entrance. It was completely unstressful for me as the volunteer coordinator since you had done all of the logistics and planning. Your services to our philanthropic businesse and nonprofits is extremely valuable. Please continue your good work." Jane Collins, Communications/Volunteer Coordinator at Community Lodgings.
Interested? Complete the intake form and return to Marion at email@example.com.
Questions? Please call 703-836-2176.
Previous Business Shares Projects
Advocates for Alex Aquatics
Aging and Adult Services
Alexandria Economic Development Partnership
Alexandria Sheriff's Office
Andrews Federal Credit Union
Association Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
Balfour Beatty Construction
City of Alexandria
CommonwealthOne Federal Credit Union
Council on Social Work Education
Commonwealth Attorney’s Office
Crowne Plaza | Holiday Inn Old Town
Halt Buzas & Powell Ltd.
Islamic Relief USA
Keller Williams Metro Center
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
Parole & Public Defender’s Office
Port City Brewing Company
Post 24 American Legion
Renner and Company, CPA
Restoration City Church
Caudron Megary Blackburn Wealth Management Investments of Wells Fargo Advisors
SunTrust Private Wealth
The McCormick Group
The Westin Alexandria
TRI-COR Industries, Inc.
West End Business Association