Welcome, volunteers! We stand ready to help you find the right fit for your time and talents among hundreds of opportunities in the DC area.
If you’re a pre-trial client or have court-related issues, register with Court Services.
It's easy to get started
1. Register as a volunteer
You'll need to complete a profile before you can sign up to volunteer.
2. Browse volunteer needs and events in our database
3. Sign up and get involved
What are some things to consider as a volunteer?
- Where to volunteer and how much time you want to spend
- Your personal passion --what you truly enjoy doing or specific causes you want to support
- Your unique skills, talents, abilities, and experience
- Your personal goals from volunteering
- One-time event or a longer-term opportunity
Why do people volunteer?
- Volunteering provides a great opportunity to get to know your community and neighbors and the issues your community faces.
- Giving your time and talents gives you the chance to learn new skills or refreshing your talents to help an organization that might otherwise have to pay for such services
- You’ll have fun to do in your spare time, make new friends and expand your network.
- Volunteering is good for your health! It may reduce stress and enhance your mood and emotions.