Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+, Maximum Age:64
ALIVE! Grocery Bag Packers
ALIVE! Needs Grocery Packers
Help ALIVE!’s mass bag packing operation to supply thousands of grocery bags/week for distribution to food-insecure Alexandrians. Volunteers are required to do some light to moderate lifting and bending over to pick up cases of food from ground level. You wll be on your feet the entire time. Wear long sleeves/pants and/or bug spray if mosquitos bother you.
Date/Time: Varied weekday shifts, generally 2-3 hours time blocks; see postings for specific dates and hours.
Location: 116 S. Quaker Ln. (old Dash bus barn). There is street parking available.
Close-toed shoes required. Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Wear long sleeves/pants and/or bug spray if mosquitos bother you.
You will be asked to take your temperature with a no-contact thermometer before you may begin work. Gloves will be provided. Each work station is at least 6ft apart for physical distancing.
All volunteers must wear cloth face coverings. If you do not have one, ALIVE! will provide one for you. Volunteers should fashion face coverings from household items or common materials, such as clean T-shirts or other clean cloths that can cover the nose and mouth area. Medical personal protective equipment such as N95 respirators or surgical masks are necessary for this purpose as these should be reserved for the appropriate personnel. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
* Only individuals registered to volunteer may show up on site in order to maintain physical distance rules. While we appreciate the overwhelming volunteer spirit during the health crisis, we cannot have additional people on site beyond those that are registered. Please do not bring friends or family to help.
DO NOT volunteer if:
- You exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 24 hours.
- You have been to any places, and therefore exposed, where people have tested posted for COVID-19.
- You are at high risk of severe disease (including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis; or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
- You have someone in your household who is at high risk.(including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis;, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: