ALIVE! Grocery Bag Packers
ALIVE! Needs Grocery Packers
Help ALIVE!’s mass bag packing operation to supply thousands of grocery bags/week for distribution to food-insecure Alexandrians. Volunteers are required to do some light to moderate lifting and bending over to pick up cases of food from ground level. You wll be on your feet the entire time. Wear long sleeves/pants and/or bug spray if mosquitos bother you.
Date/Time: Varied weekday shifts, generally 2-3 hours time blocks; see postings for specific dates and hours.
Location: 116 S. Quaker Ln. (old Dash bus barn). There is street parking available; do not park in the lot.
Close-toed shoes required. Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Wear long sleeves/pants and/or bug spray if mosquitos bother you.
You will be asked to take your temperature with a no-contact thermometer before you may begin work. Gloves will be provided. Each work station is at least 6ft apart for physical distancing.
All volunteers must wear cloth face coverings. If you do not have one, ALIVE! will provide one for you.
DO NOT volunteer if:
- You exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 24 hours.
- You have been to any places, and therefore exposed, where people have tested posted for COVID-19.
- You are at high risk of severe disease (including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis; or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
- You have someone in your household who is at high risk.(including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis;, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+, Maximum Age:64
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: