Create COVID-19 Care Packages (follows social distancing & CDC recommendations)
We are collecting items for seniors and vulnerable populations. You can help by creating care packages from the security of your own home and safely dropping items at our locations:
• Canned soups and other dry and canned foods
• Gift cards to Giant or Safeway
• Socks, hats, gloves and toiletries
• Large-font activity books like sudoku
• Diapers and baby wipes
• Sanitizing supplies
• Un-opened food to be cooked for 120 homeless neighbors served nightly by our Grate Patrol Program
• Donate online: https://give.virginiasalvationarmy.org/
Drop Off Information: We will receive donations Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm, at the following locations. Please leave donated goods outside the front door and call or text 202-345-2238, indicating the location where you are. We will check for drop-off regularly, too.
• 3335 Sherman Avenue, NW
• 2300 MLK Jr. Avenue, SE
• 20021 Aircraft Drive, Germantown
• 4825 Edmonston Avenue, Hyattsville
• 1804 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria
• 518 South Glebe Road, Arlington
• 4915 Ox Road, Fairfax
• 1483 Old Bridge Rd, Ste 102, Woodbridge
Safety is paramount. Please follow these precautions:
• Do not purchase items or prepare and drop-off care packages if anyone in your home is sick.
• While packaging and dropping of goods, wash hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
• During drop-off please leave food at the front and follow social distancing procedures.
• Donated items must be unopened and not expired.
Volunteers and Friends, be safe and take care!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: