Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+, Maximum Age:65
ALIVE! On Call Food Warehouse Helpers
On Call Warehouse Workers Needed!
ALIVE! is looking for people with flexible schedules who can be on call for short notice, same or next-day assignments. Due to the rapid-change nature of the health crisis and ALIVE!'s growing COVID-19 Emergency Food Program, unexpected tasks have become the norm, makng advance planning difficult. Jobs vary - meeting a delivery or pickup at our offsite location, picking up or delivering supplies, loading pallets, shelving boxes, etc. Some tasks require lifting and/or moving possibly heavy items. Some jobs require a large personal vehicle or driving the ALIVE! van or box truck. Josbs are assigned on a first-to-respond basis. There is no pressure to respond; we're grateful for any help you're able to provide!
Location: 801 S. Payne Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Days/Hours: Typically anytime M-F 7am - 6pm, but may also include evenings and/or weekends
You will be asked to take your temperature with a no-contact thermometer before you may begin work. Gloves will be provided. Close-toed shoes required.
All volunteers must wear cloth face coverings. If you do not have one, ALIVE! will provide one for you.
Volunteers should fashion face coverings from household items or common materials, such as clean T-shirts or other clean cloths that can cover the nose and mouth area. Medical personal protective equipment such as N95 respirators or surgical masks are necessary for this purpose as these should be reserved for the appropriate personnel. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
* Only individuals registered to volunteer may show up on site in order to maintain physical distance rules. While we appreciate the overwhelming volunteer spirit during the health crisis, we cannot have additional people on site beyond those that are registered. Please do not bring friends or family to help.
Minors are not allowed to volunteer at this time.
DO NOT volunteer if:
- You exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 24 hours.
- You have been to any places, and therefore exposed, where people have tested posted for COVID-19.
- You are at high risk of severe disease (including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis; or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
- You have someone in your household who is at high risk.(including persons who are older than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised; on dialysis;, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40).
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: