ARISE Outreach Volunteer
ARISE is a new guaranteed income pilot program that plans to give $500 a month to 170 City of Alexandria residents for two years. A research team will evaluate the ARISE program outcomes which will inform future efforts and policy decisions.
Outreach Volunteer Responsibilities
- Outreach Volunteers are critical to spreading the word about ARISE and ensuring that all eligible residents are aware of the opportunity. Outreach Volunteers may take on the following responsibilities:
- Passing out or posting fliers in designated neighborhood/commercial areas
- Passing out fliers at community events or areas with high foot traffic such as grocery stores, etc.
- Passing out fliers and answering questions at community nonprofit events such as ALIVE food hub distributions, eviction prevention efforts at the Alexandria courthouse.
Qualifications: Strong interpersonal skills and comfort with populations of all backgrounds is required. Willingness to approach strangers with information along with the strong emotional intelligence to recognize when someone doesn’t want to be approached. Bilingual skills a plus, escpecially Spanish, Amharic, Arabic or Farsi.
Training Required: a 30-minute program overview for anyone that may be answering questions about ARISE.
Timeframe: October 2022 Requirements for Volunteering: Volunteers should be available to commit to a four-hour shift passing out or distributing fliers in the City.
Location: Fliers shall be hung and distributed throughout the City. However, residential and commercial areas within HUD designated Qualified Census Tracts. ARISE program staff will work with volunteers to assign a geographic area convenient. However, we ask for flexibility and willingness to respond to the needs of the program.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: