Volunteer Tour Guide
Enjoy History? Looking for a fun and relaxing volunteer opportunity? Carlyle House Historic Park, a colonial house museum in Old Town Alexandria, seeks volunteer docents to give public tours of this historic building. Carlyle House, built in 1753, interprets the home and family of John Carlyle, a merchant and town founder.
- Guide visitors on tours through the house.
- Preserve the past by bringing John Carlyle and 18th-Century Alexandria to life.
- Teach visitors about the cultural heritage of Alexandria.
- Work together with museum staff to give each visitor an enjoyable experience at the Carlyle House. Learn more everyday about the Carlyle family and life in 18th-Century Virginia.
Carlyle House Docents commit to volunteering at least 2 weekday shifts per month or 1 weekend shift per month. Morning shifts are 10am-1pm and afternoon shifts are 1pm-4pm. Carlyle House Docents have access to free parking in Old Town Alexandria, 10% off in the gift shop, monthly trips to local historic sites, and an opportunity to meet new people and make new friendships.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a museum volunteer please contact the museum by calling 703-549-2997 or emailing us at email@example.com
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: