4-H Youth Development Club Volunteers
Volunteer Position Purpose
Manage 4-H clubs and support youths
4-H is the largest youth development organization in the country with nearly 6 million youths involved. One in six adults are 4-H alumni. The main focus of 4-H is to empower youths to develop their leadership, community service, and life skills by working with dedicated and caring volunteers through a “learn by doing” approach.
While 4-H has its roots grounded in agriculture and county fairs, it has spread to 3,150 counties and cities in the United States and over 80 other countries. It involves much more than agricultural learning. Nearly 3.1 million urban and suburban youths take part in the program. We are currently looking for volunteers that would like to build clubs on any topic of interest, such as, dogs, sewing, robotics, or sports.
Volunteer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise youth in club meetings
- Encourage, mentor, and be a positive role model for all youth members
- Maintain club schedule
- Help facilitate curriculum/learning goals
Qualifications, Skills, & Requirements:
- Desire to help youth succeed
- Be able to step back and let youths lead
- Interest and passion in ANY subject matter that you're willing to share
- Flexible - meetings occur on a regular schedule, but that shedule is up to each individual club (e.g., monthly, bimonthly, weekly)
- Location is flexible
Other Information (if applicable):
- Volunteers need to go through a screening process, which includes a background check and leader training
Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: