Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Food Distribution for ACPS Mobile Pop-up
Alexandria City Public School (ACPS) will provide two days worth of breakfast and lunch meals with a snack pack free for any enrolled ACPS student on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Friday distribution will include a meal(s) for Saturday.
Volunteers will meet at TC Williams to assist with packing boxes and loading buses with boxed meals. Then, volunteers will ride the bus along to distribute the meals while on site at a few ACPS mobile pop-up locations.
All volunteers must wear a mask over nose and mouth. All mask safety guidelines are expected to be followed while volunteering onsite. ACPS site staff have the right to redirect and/or release any volunteer(s) who are not compliant. Please refer to guidlines and procedures of mask wearing HERE.
We recommend to bring a pair of gloves as you will be handling/lifting boxes. Volunteers should be able to lift 25lbs.
Although we recommend, volunteers do not have to be vaccinated to participate in this volunteer opportunity.
Before you volunteer in person, please ensure:
- That you have you NOT been at any places and therefore exposed where people have tested posted for COVID-19? If so, do not volunteer.
- That you DO NOT exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 24 hours? If so, do not volunteer.
-That you have NOT traveled in the last 14 days outside of the area. If so, do NOT volunteer.
- That you or someone you live with is NOT at high risk (this includes persons who are age greater than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised, on dialysis, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40). If so, do NOT volunteer.
ACPS Screening Procedures:
Please bring a valid form of identification. Once confirmed as a volunteer for the day, the volunteer will have their temperature taken and proceed to their station. Volunteers with a temperature ≥100.0 degrees will be asked to return home, contact your physician, and follow the quarantine requirements.
Registration to sign up for ACPS volunteer dates/times will close Wednesdays at 8:00AM prior - including Monday, Wednesday, and Friday shifts of the following week.
Please plan accordingly. If you do sign up for a volunteer shift and know you can no longer attend, please give us at least a two-day notice.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: