Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:64
ASCEND - Make A Difference Day Park Clean-up
Ascend Alexandria is a program formed by students who dedicate their time to fight climate change and educate the community. This community program is a subdivision of Volunteer Alexandria that specifically focuses on informing, educating, encouraging, and recruiting volunteers to help out with our many initiatives around the city. We want to be able to give back to the community by cleaning it up, and building a city of people who care about the environment.
Every year on the fourth Saturday in October, volunteerism is celebrated by individuals, friends, and families when they join together for Make A Difference Day. This year Make A Difference Day falls on October 24th. As part of Make A Difference Day. Ascend Alexandria is calling volunteers to band together to help keep parks beautiful!
Time: October 24th 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Location: Dangerfield Island
Minors will need parents to sign liability form to participate. Liability form and more details will be sent to complete registration, after signing up below.
Before you volunteer, please ensure:
- That you have NOT been at any places and therefore exposed where people have tested positive for COVID-19? If so, do not volunteer.
- That you DO NOT exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 14 days? If so, do NOT volunteer.
- That you or someone you live with is NOT at high risk (this includes persons who are age greater than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised, on dialysis, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40). If so, do NOT volunteer.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: