Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
On-call Drivers Needed for Meals on Wheels Program
Volunteers needed to help fill in for other volunteers who have schedule conflicts and cannot make it a day or two for their regular deliveries. Volunteers are needed Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Fridays. See below for more details on delivery for Meals on Wheels:
Senior Services of Alexandria(SSA) is seeking individuals and groups interested in providing meals for our senior neighbors. Meals on Wheels is a life-sustaining program that provides seniors with valuable nutrition. For some Meals on Wheels recipients, our volunteers may be the only people they see on any given day. Our program provides meals 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
We are looking for caring individuals who enjoy seeing the positive impact that this program provides through combating both nutrition and isolation concerns for aging adults Volunteers over 65 or in high risk populations for COVID-19 are asked to not volunteer at this time.
Meals on Wheels volunteers must be able to commit to a recurring weekly schedule that includes at least 2 volunteer shifts. Shifts start at 9:45 and run approximately 2 hours. Mobile Meals, an application available for smartphones or tablets, is used for delivery. This allows volunteers to make note of any concerns they observe and alert staff in real time, while also providing delivery route instructions and navigation directly to their mobile device. Interested applicants must apply to become a volunteer, which includes an application packet with a background check authorization, driver’s license and auto insurance information. Volunteers must have the ability to lift 10-20 lbs.
Before you volunteer, please ensure:
- That you have NOT been at any places and therefore exposed where people have tested positive for COVID-19? If so, do not volunteer.
- That you DO NOT exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 14 days? If so, do NOT volunteer.
- That you or someone you live with is NOT at high risk (this includes persons who are age greater than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised, on dialysis, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40). If so, do NOT volunteer.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: