Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+
Red Shoe Run 5k Volunteer Opportunity
CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS FOR 2020 RED SHOE RUN
Please volunteer at the upcoming 10th Anniversary of RMHCDC Red Shoe Run 5k to help change children's lives. This family-friendly event raises essential funds to help keep sick children close to their families and to the care they need. You can help by volunteering with pre-race preparations, race site set up and/or race day activities. The more volunteers we have, the bigger impact we can all make together.
What you'll do: We need volunteers for everything from race preparations, cheering for participants, manning water stations, to assisting with children’s activities.
Volunteer shifts: There will be various 2-hour volunteer shifts over four days, all volunteers must stay through their full assigned shift.
How it works: Come ten minutes earlier than your shift and check in with the Volunteer Coordinator to get your assignment instructions.
Race Day Parking: Free parking available close to the start/finish line. Please be aware the parking lot and entry & exit roads will be closed off from race start until last participant crosses the finish line. Pin drop near 7700 Bull Run Dr, Centreville, VA 20121 https://goo.gl/maps/UcvrXzzjQSQ2
Race Day Attire: Each volunteer will receive a RMHCDC t-shirt, while supplies last. Wear comfortable clothes and closed toed shoes.
Service Hours: We certify service hours for those who need documentation for school, work or community service hours. Don't forget to sign up at 5K volunteer application
Before you volunteer, please ensure:
- That you have NOT been at any places and therefore exposed where people have tested positive for COVID-19? If so, do not volunteer.
- That you DO NOT exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 14 days? If so, do NOT volunteer.
- That you or someone you live with is NOT at high risk (this includes persons who are age greater than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised, on dialysis, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40). If so, do NOT volunteer.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: