Social Media Contributor
Alexandria Families for Safe Streets is seeking a dedicated volunteer to help us deliver our message on the need for safe streets. We use Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to accomplish two things: 1. Share content related to the need for safe streets in Alexandria and Northern Virginia, and 2. Grow our audience who believe in the need for safer streets. Take a look at our social media sites gain an understanding of our mission.
Some of the skills and knowledge we are looking for in our volunteers include:
1. Experience or very strong interest in learning about safe streets and their impact on safety and vulnerable road users, including pedestrians and bicyclists. If you walk or bike around Alexandria and Northern Virginia you have likely experienced unsafe interactions with motor vehicles.
2. An understanding of how to build an audience on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
3. Graphic artist skills to create artwork to promote Families for Safe Streets mission on social media are desired but not required.
4. Willingness to support our mission in Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax.
5. A minimum commitment of 3 months.
We have sister organizations in Arlington and Fairfax and often cross post between the organizations. Any volunteer would have access to all three sites. A volunteer would spend 5-10 hours per week finding or developing content to post to our sites and attending our monthly meeting which is currently held on Zoom.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:25+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: