Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+, Maximum Age:64
Mobile Pop-Up Meal Distribution Sites
Alexandria City Public School (ACPS) will provide two days worth of breakfast and lunch meals with a snack pack free for any enrolled ACPS student on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Friday distribution will include a meal(s) for Saturday. Each mobile pop-up site will distribute food between 9:00am and 12:00pm. Please check ACPS website for specific times for each mobile pop-up site. For more information about these meals, please visit https://www.acps.k12.va.us/Page/2791.
Volunteers will assist with verifying orders, counting food bags, bagging prepackaged food, and distributing meals to families. Volunteers will help load the buses and will be transported by bus to the mobile pop up sites to distribute the meals.
Volunteers are needed three times a week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (8am -12:00pm).
- 7:40am - Arrive at TC Williams and be screened. (Details will be emailed to you two days prior to volunteer shift)
- 8:00am - Check in with ACPS site lead and orientation
- 8:00am - 10:00am -Volunteers will help box lunch and breakfast meals - 10 volunteers needed.
- 8:00 - 10:00am - Volunteers will help load the boxes onto the buses - 4 volunteers needed
- 10:15am - Volunteers will be assigned a bus to ride along on to one to two mobile pop-up distribution sites. 4 volunteers are needed on each bus.
- 12pm - Volunteers will be transported back to TC Williams
Please watch ACPS's video visualizing these tasks - https://vimeo.com/416001861
Face coverings are required to be worn. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
Volunteers should fashion face coverings from household items or common materials, such as clean T-shirts or other clean cloths that can cover the nose and mouth area. Medical personal protective equipment such as N95 respirators or surgical masks will not be necessary for this purpose as these should be reserved for the appropriate personnel.
Please note, students are not allowed to volunteer at this time.
Before you volunteer, please ensure:
- That you have you NOT been at any places and therefore exposed where people have tested posted for COVID-19? If so, do not volunteer.
- That you DO NOT exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 24 hours? If so, do not volunteer.
- That you or someone you live with is NOT at high risk (this includes persons who are age greater than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised, on dialysis, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40). If so, do NOT volunteer.
ACPS Screening Procedures:
Please bring a valid form of identification. Once confirmed as a volunteer for the day, the volunteer will have their temperature taken and proceed to their station. Volunteers with a temperature ≥100.0 degrees will be asked to return home, contact your physician, and follow the quarantine requirements.
Because of the new screening process, registration to sign up for ACPS volunteer dates/times will close two days prior to the designated scheduled time.
- Monday's shift registration will close the preceding Friday at 3pm
- Wednesday's shift registration will close Monday at 9am
- Friday's shift registration will close Wednesday at 9am
Please plan accordingly. If you do sign up for a volunteer shift and know you can no longer attend, please give us a two-day notice.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: