YoKid Yoga Teacher
Be a YoKid Yoga Teacher & Mentor
Apply by August 31
Prior to submitting an application, please carefully read the information below.
- New Teacher Application: https://bit.ly/2LBPXll
- Returning Teacher Application: https://bit.ly/2LSvgAS
Orientation and 20-Hour Kids/Teen Yoga Training
All teachers must complete the orientation and the 20-hour kids/teen training to lead teach with YoKid. If you are unable to make the 20-hour training, you may assistant teach upon completion of the orientation.
- Saturday, August 25 – 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 5 – 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
20 Hour Kids/Teen Yoga Training Dates
- August 17-19 (Alexandria)
- September 15 – 16 (Alexandria)
- September 29-30 (Bethesda)
NOTE: Those accepted into the volunteer program, receive a discount on YoKid trainings. Once accepted as a volunteer, a discount code will be provided to you to register for the 20-hour training.
More training information: https://www.yokid.org/20-hr-basic-courses-registration/
We serve schools in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Our sites for the upcoming school year will be confirmed in September. On the volunteer application, you will select your top 3 choices for areas to teach. We will do our best to match you up with your first or second choice.
- Committed to teach at least 1 yoga class per week
- Committed for the full season for up to 12 weeks, classes are usually between the hours of 2pm-6pm
- Dedicated 1.5-3 hours to volunteering for one class which includes commute time (location dependent)
- Able to communicate openly, promptly, and frequently (via texts, email, and phone calls)
- Reliable (i.e. returning materials, being timely, returning mats)
- Able to providing at least 2 weeks’ notice for planned absences
- Able to participate in volunteer orientation session, trainings and planned volunteer meetings
What Volunteers Can Expect from YoKid
- Support by providing curriculum, check-ins, and training opportunities
- Working to establish a community through events and opportunities to connect with other volunteers
- Access to the YoKid Network
Commitment Dates for Fall 2018
Season Dates: September-November/December
Number of weeks: Each program ranges from 8-12 weeks
Because of the level of commitment required and nature of working with kids, potential volunteers must complete the following process prior to being considered for selection.
- Submit an online application (see above)
- Complete a background check
You will be notified within 1-2 business days following your interview of your selection.
Volunteer selected will be required to complete the following:
- 20-hour Kid/Teen Yoga Teacher Training through YoKid provided at a reduced cost*
- Volunteer Orientation
*If you have already completed your 20-hour training through YoKid or another Kid Yoga Training you meet this requirement and are only required to attend the volunteer orientation session.
20-Hour Kid/Teen Yoga Teacher Training Dates
August 17 – 19 (Alexandria)
September 15 – 16 (Alexandria)
September 29-30 (Bethesda)
You’re Ready to Teach!
After completing the volunteer orientation and 20 hour training (if needed and available), you are ready to teach. You will have the support of YoKid and other volunteers throughout your volunteer teaching experience!
If you have any questions, call 571.358.9642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: