Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:18
Help Make Laundry Detergent
Calling youth volunteers!
Join us in making laundry detergent to donate towards helping clean clothes at the Carpenter's Shelter. We will discuss homelessness and other ways youth volunteers can get involved to help local Alexandrians. The Carpenter's Shelter's mission is to support people who are experiencing and are at risk of homelessness to achieve sustainable independence through shelter & housing location, guidance, education, and advocacy.
Volunteer Alexandria is hosting two sessions for youth:
- Middle school students are welcome on April 12th 4:30 - 5:30 PM.
- High school students are welcome on April 19th 4:30 - 5:30 PM.
Location: Jerome "Buddie" Ford Nature Center
Before you volunteer in person, please ensure:
- That you have NOT been at any places and therefore exposed where people have tested positive for COVID-19? If so, do not volunteer.
- That you DO NOT exhibit any symptoms of a respiratory illness including fever, runny nose, sore throat, coughing or difficulty breathing now or in the past 14 days? If so, do NOT volunteer.
- That you or someone you live with is NOT at high risk (this includes persons who are age greater than 65; have underlying heart disease or lung disease, diabetes, liver disease; are immunocompromised, on dialysis, or have severe obesity with BMI greater than 40). If so, do NOT volunteer.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: