Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:13+
Breaks With Impact Service Challenge
Breaks with Impact is a service-learning program in which middle and high school students learn more about issues facing their community and ways they can improve Alexandria. We provide youth the opportunity to develop a sense of community ownership and responsibility. As schools are closed, we present the following challenge for students, grades 6 through 12, who want to make an impact in their community:
- Select an issue effecting your community or a nonprofit/government agency to help. Any effort, big or small, is welcomed.
- Develop and implement a plan or project to help address the issue, raise awareness, or benefit an organization. You may do this individually OR as a group virtually. Examples include:
- Addressing an issue (climate change, immigration, seniors, health, animals, social justice, adoption, education, hunger, etc.)
- Raising awareness (create a video, poster campaign, or petition)
- Register below
- You may share what you did via video (up to 2 minutes), photos (no less than 4), poetry, music, art, dance, writing, crafts, painting, sculpture, etc. on social media (e.g. TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter using #BWIChallenge).
- Submit your piece and the Volunteer Photo Release Form to Volunteer Alexandria by Sunday, May 31 at 10pm and receive your Certificate of Service!
Before you start the Breaks with Impact Virtual Service Challenge! Talk to your parent or guardian about your project and how you can complete it while staying safe. This is designed to be done virtually, so you can keep a safe social distance. Working as a team via text, FaceTime, or Skype is encouraged. You must have permission from your parent or guardian before you begin.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: