Submit Content for the BWI Service Challenge
Breaks with Impact is a service-learning program in which middle and high school students learn more about issues facing their community and ways they can improve Alexandria. We provide youth the opportunity to develop a sense of community ownership and responsibility. As schools are closed, we present the following challenge for students, grades 6 through 12, who want to make an impact in their community:
- Select an issue effecting your community or a nonprofit/government agency to help. Any effort, big or small, is welcomed.
- Develop and implement a plan or project to help address the issue, raise awareness, or benefit an organization. You may do this individually OR as a group virtually. Examples include:
- Addressing an issue (climate change, immigration, seniors, health, animals, social justice, adoption, education, hunger, etc.)
- Raising awareness (create a video, poster campaign, or petition)
- Register at https://www.volunteeralexandria.org/opportunity/a0C1B00001U1fx2
- You may share what you did via video (at least 2 minutes), photos (no less than 4), poetry, music, art, dance, writing, crafts, painting, sculpture, etc. on social media (e.g. TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter using #BWIChallenge).
- Submit your piece and the Volunteer Photo Release Form to Volunteer Alexandria by Sunday, May 31 at 10pm and receive your Certificate of Service! Click here for the Volunteer Photo Release Form.