Development Committee Members Needed
Community Lodgings is an Alexandria, VA-based nonprofit organization with a mission to lift families from homelessness and instability to independence and self-sufficiency. This year we are celebrating our 35th anniversary providing critical services to needy families. To learn more about our work, please visit www.communitylodgings.org.
The major responsibility of the fundraising committee is to raise the funds needed to meet the Community Lodgings budget. Community Lodgings raises funds from individuals (direct mail, special events, major/monthly/annual donors), foundations, corporations and local organizations such as churches.
The Fundraising Committee's job is not simply to raise money. Instead, the Fundraising Committee is responsible for overseeing the organization's overall fundraising and, in particular, the fundraising done by the board. To accomplish this, its responsibilities are:
- To work with staff to establish a fundraising plan that incorporates a series of appropriate vehicles, such as special events, direct mail, peer-to-peer solicitations and outreach to corporations and foundations.
- To work with fundraising staff in their efforts to raise money.
- To take the lead in certain types of outreach efforts, such as chairing a dinner/dance committee or hosting fundraising parties, etc.
- To be responsible for involvement of all board members in fundraising, such as having board members make telephone calls to ask for support.
- Tap respective networks for potential donors of money, time and in-kind support.
- 4 hours per month (including meetings and outreach efforts)
- Attend monthly committee meetings
For questions: Keaira Kittrell, Development Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org / 703-549-4407
To apply, please fill out our volunteer application: https://communitylodgings.formstack.com/forms/untitled_form
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: