Budget Mentor Needed
Community Lodgings is an Alexandria, VA-based nonprofit organization with a mission to lift families from homelessness and instability to independence and self-sufficiency. Our Transitional Housing Program provides transitional housing to homeless families in the City of Alexandria. The program provides opportunities for motivated residents to obtain the necessary skills, income, resources and services that will enable them to find permanent housing and to the best of their abilities, achieve the highest levels of self-sufficiency.
To supplement the efforts of current staff, we are seeking budget mentor volunteers to assist transitional housing residents with their monthly budgeting needs and provide additional financial guidance that will help the resident reach stability.
Budget mentors work with their assigned clients for the duration of the client’s stay in the Transitional Housing Program which could be up to two years. Budget mentors work with our clients’ schedules so hours may vary; however, the average budget mentor meets with their client(s) at least once per month in the evenings (after 5pm).
Main office location: 3912 Elbert Avenue, Suite 108, Alexandria, VA 22305
The meeting location will be determined upon scheduling.
- Assess the client’s finances and expenses
- Work with the client to develop a plan to meet budget goals and savings plan
- Meet regularly with the client to provide guidance on meeting goals
- Provide tools to assist the client with meeting budget and savings goals outside of meetings
- Must complete a background check
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and financial planning
- Professional background in finance, accounting, or similar fields is preferred but not required
- Must be 21 or older
Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: