Business Connections is an answer to corporate social responsibility (CSR), which describes how a company gives back to or improves the community. Our program offers you the opportunity to give back locally while strengthening your business. TForm for businesses; form for associations. Return completed form to Marion.
Engaged employees: The way an organization treats the community suggests good things to its employees about how it perceives and respects them. Employees that feel respected by their employer feel more comfortable bringing their most authentic self to work which, studies show, leads to increased engagement.
Loyal customers: Consumers think consciously about the products and services they buy. In a Nielson survey, 66 percent of participants said they pay more for products and services from socially responsible companies.
Positive public attention: Active CSR positions your organization as a leader in the community, and a positive role model for others to follow suit. Besides, when companies stand out for the good work they’re doing in the community, the media gains interest. In addition, there are plenty of awards up for grabs for companies who promote good in the community
Business Connections is a fee-for-service program that offers customized employee engagement opportunities at sites throughout Alexandria and sometimes outside the City. Our comprehensive project management ensures a high impact day of service that meets your employees’ expectations and furthers your philanthropic goals. We serve as your wedding planner for your wedding and take care of all logistics. You just need to show up. With Business Connections projects, Volunteer Alexandria provides:
- Project Coordination - Start to Finish
- Custom-Tailored Project Design
- Logistical Details/Material Management
- Pre-Project Employee Orientation if needed
- Post-Project Survey if needed
Over the past two years, we have worked with over 80 companies and associations including the Major League Baseball and DHL, to manage a variety of service projects, where Business Connections' volunteers:
- Encouraged reading by installing free libraries and building book shelves
- Supported healthy eating by creating vegetable beds
- Brightened up spaces and encouraged learning for children by installing new flowerbeds and planting native flowers and scrubs
- Feeding hungry families by preparing meals and lunch bags for local families
- Supported out of school time activities by maintaining volleyball fields and removing invasive plants in our local parks
- Beautified a group home for mental challenged residents by landscaping and painting the outside areas
- Enhancing public spaces by landscaping the grounds of our recreation centers and museums
Our supporters embody the strong commitment to community that resonates throughout the City of Alexandria. Engagement with Volunteer Alexandria identifies your company as a leader - seeking to make meaningful contributions to the well-being of our region. It also offers a proven return on investment: employee volunteering improves retention and supports recruitment, provides valuable leadership and professional development opportunities, and strengthens talents. Positive community visibility provides access to new markets and customers.
We provide a variety of on-site projects that are able to accommodate anywhere from 5-100 people and support the community by providing hand-made products. Check out our blog on Visit Alexandria.
Please note that this is a Fee-for-Service program. Click the appropriate link to view and download the intake form: