Business Connections is a program that offers you the opportunity to give back locally, which can strengthen your business. Volunteer Alexandria provides this fee-for-service program (Fees for companies; fees for NPO's) that offer customized employee engagement opportunities at sites in Alexandria. TForm for companies; form for NPO's. Return completed form to Marion.
Volunteer Alexandria can show you how to engage employees, gain loyal customers and position your company as a leader in the community and a positive role model. We serve as your wedding planner and take care of all logistics. All you need do is show up.
With Business Connections projects, Volunteer Alexandria provides:
- Initial Interview
- Project Coordination - Start to Finish
- Custom-Tailored Project Design
- Logistical Details/Material Management
- Pre-Project Employee Orientation, if needed
- Post-Project Survey, if needed
Over the past two years, we have worked with over 80 companies and associations including the Major League Baseball and DHL, to manage a variety of service projects, where Business Connections' volunteers:
- Encouraged reading by installing free libraries and building book shelves
- Supported healthy eating by creating vegetable beds
- Brightened up spaces and encouraged learning for children by installing new flowerbeds and planting native flowers and scrubs
- Fed hungry families by preparing meals and lunch bags for local families
- Supported out of school time activities by maintaining volleyball fields and removing invasive plants in our local parks
- Beautified a group home for mentally challenged residents by landscaping and painting the outside areas
- Enhanced public spaces by landscaping the grounds of our recreation centers and museums
Our supporters embody the strong commitment to community that resonates throughout the City of Alexandria. Engagement with Volunteer Alexandria identifies your company as a leader, seeking to make meaningful contributions to our region. It also offers a proven return on investment: employee volunteering improves retention and supports recruitment, provides valuable leadership and professional development opportunities and strengthens talents. Positive community visibility provides access to new markets and customers.
We provide a variety of on-site projects that accommodate from 5-100 people and support the community by providing hand-made products. Check out our blog on Visit Alexandria.
Please note that this is a Fee-for-Service program. Click the appropriate link to view and download the intake form: