Age Minimum (with Adult): 25+, Minimum Age:25+
Board Leadership - Orientation
We are excited to announce our partnership with ACT for Alexandria and the Sorkin Center at Compass to support Alexandria nonprofit boards. The On Board program provides the opportunity for professionals to give back to the local community on a substantive level. On Board matches professionals to local nonprofits that need qualified board members, facilitates joining the board, and successfully participating as board members.
This is an orientation to learn more about the process and matching.
Why Board Service?
Board service enables business professionals to achieve many professional and personal goals:
- Advancing the mission of an organization whose work resonates with their core values, or whose work addresses an issue of personal significance.
- Expanding professional networks through interaction with other board members and civic leaders.
- Providing leadership opportunities and professional development.
- Offering a structured and unique opportunity for professionals to engage with local nonprofits in a way that utilizes their skills and brings significant value to the nonprofit and the greater community.
- Candidates with a strong interest in being involved with a nonprofit organization.
- At least five years of work experience
- Works or lives in Alexandria
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: