Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Activities Individual Park Clean-Ups
Volunteer Alexandria is teaming up to support the City of Alexandria by performing individual park clean-ups to improve the appearance and condition of Alexandria's small urban parks and open spaces. Individual clean-ups include you, a trash bag, your favorite park, and reporting back through the Clean Swell app. Sign-up below to register for a park clean-up that will take place between the Friday sign-up date and the following Wednesday. During your clean up, don't forget to take a before and after picture and post to social media with #ParkTLC and #VolunteerAlex or @volunteeralexandria.
These clean-ups are for litter pick up only! Please put all trash in the trash bags and do not separate any trash from recycling if your clean-up is along the shoreline. Any trash found along the shoreline is considered a hazard and needs to be thrown away using the same bag. Leave trash bags near a City trash can at the park for the regular trash pick-up.
Use the Clean Swell App (available for iPhone and Android) to track and virtually sort the items you have collected.
- African American Heritage Park
- Contrabands & Freedman Cemetery
- Ewald Park
- Holmes Run Park
- Point Lumley
- Powhattan Park
- Reynolds Street Park
- Roberdeau Park
- Waterfront Park North
- Waterfront Park South
- Windmill Hill East
- Windmill Hill West
- Click Here to Access the City's Directory of Parks' Addresses of Each Park Listed Above
Pick-up/Drop-off of materials at Volunteer Alexandria
- Supplies can be picked up at Volunteer Alexandria’s office located at 123 N. Alfred Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Supply Pick-up Day: Thursdays 10AM – 4PM
- Supply Drop-off Days: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10AM – 2PM
- Volunteering in the West End and need supplies? Contact the Animal Shelter on Eisenhower Ave. to pick-up and drop off supplies.
DONATE! Interested in supporting this effort? All funds will go to Volunteer Alexandria, nonprofit agency mobilizing people for causes.